Saturday, January 28, 2012

For Daddy....CC

Hiya!  I had a much needed night out with some friends last night. First it was dinner with the girls then off to the Jetty Lounge for a couple of drinks with my "crew".  Had a good night. Today we may hit up the Italian Fest for a little bit and then not much else on the agenda.   So here is hoping that I get some of these colored images onto cards!! Isn't that a swell idea!

If you didn't already see, Crafter's Companion is having a contest where YOU and I could win $100 GC  to the store!!!  All you have to do is become a follower on the blog - http://crafterscompanion.blogspot.com/ and then email bindy@crafterscompanion.com with YOUR name and MY NAME!  Thats it, easy peasy. (this contest is open to US residents only)




Today I get to show off this adorable little Humprey!! The set is called "Father's Day" and I know I am a little early, but it will be here before we know it.

When I color up my images I always like to add some "grounding". I don't want my little characters to look like they are floating in mid air. I usually try to use one or two different alcohol inks and blend out. You will notice I try to add shadows to the ground where I think shadows may be. These little details make the world of difference on your card! I also almost always outline my image in grays or blues. I think it makes the image pop and gives it more realism. 

I think he came out adorable and I am sure the hubby will just love it! The inside says of course says "Happy Fathers Day".

Thanks for looking and don't forget the contest!!! 


Pin It

3 comments:

Anniebee said...

So cute, Tracy! I love the colors you chose for this one. I sent my entry for Crfter's Companion too (fingers crossed)!

Hugs,
Anne

Hanneke said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Your card is lovely, such a sweet image. Hugs, Hanneke

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Super Cute Tracy....love your coloring!! I entered the CC contest!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10