Monday, July 2, 2012

MarkerPop Blog Hop....

Hello and welcome to the MarkerPop Launch Party Blog Hop. Today, we are excited because iCopic has a new name, MarkerPop: The Home of Premium Markers + Lots More! We still the same great company that you've come to know, just with a fun new look! Please be sure to check out all that is in store at MarkerPop. We even have a new MarkerPop Challenge that's starting TODAY! The MarkerPop challenge will start every Monday & it is designed to inspire you to get out all your markers & start coloring! And in true MarkerPop fashion, there will be a fabulous prize every week for one lucky participant. There is always something new and exciting at MarkerPop. Keep up with us daily at the MarkerPop Blog, where we will be posting new projects each day.

For our blog hop today, we are sharing our projects to go along with our first MarkerPop Challenge theme: Fur/Hair coloring.  Here's my project:


I love colorning hair. It's actually my favorite thing to color. That and faces. I will stamp out bunches of images and just sit and color hair and faces. When coloring hair I always flick away from myself and rotate the image as I go around. It's a more natural movement to flick away rather than towards my body. I also start with light colors and then add in my dark colors. If my dark lines are too harsh, I will go back in with my lighter colors and blend it out a little bit, but not too much because I want to be able to see the strokes.

I have used Copics on this image but I am eagerly awaiting my Shinhan Markers that MarkerPop's now carrying!  I am hoping to play a little and test them out to share with our readers!  My image is "Gifty Gwen" from Some Odd Girl.

Copic colors used:
Hair - E50, E51, E53, E33
Skin - E000, E00, E11, R11
Dress:  E81, E84
Red: R22, R24, R29, W4
Pink: RV10, R81, R85
Gray: C3, C5, C1

I hope that I've inspired you to join in on the hop. Be sure to head back to the MarkerPop Blog when you are done hopping so you can play along with our challenge this week! Click on the next name on our blog hop list below:

27 comments:

thescrapmaster said...

Tracy, your coloring is stunning!
Hugs,
Sami

Michelle Pearson said...

gorgeous hair! Lovely! :)

Maire Gamber said...

You card is wonderful. Your coloring is amazing Look forward to working with you on our team!
Hugs,
Marie XX

Kate said...

Beautiful Card. Awesome Shadowing.

Hugs,
Kate

Penny said...

Love the colors and papers! Your image is beautifully colored! Great card! :^)
Hugs,
Penny

Unknown said...

Hi Tracy, love your card! Those papers are gorgeous and I really love the way your coloured the image. Hugs, Frea

Mary Lou said...

Beautiful Tracy!!! Love this card!!!
Hugz

FroggieStamps said...

This is adorable, I love it!
-Kelli :)

Anniebee said...

Oh, man! I have being the first to leave a comment but I'm always glad to leave one for one of my favorite bloggy friends! You are one of the most talented colorists and card makers I know! This card is super cute, even though I'm not a huge fan of SOG. You can make anything look wonderful!

Hugs, Annie

Rene said...

Gorgeous...love those papers!
Rene :D

Marla said...

Amazing coloring. Love your large bow!!

Laura said...

Gorgeous card! Your coloring is amazing, and I love the big bow!

Sheri said...

Holey moley TRACY! I love this...everything is just perfect, including that beautiful bow and her hair! Wow!!!:)

~ginny said...

Tracy - enjoyed your color choice with the hair! I am adding that to my list of realistic hair colors to try!
~ginny

Gale said...

The card is just fabulous. I just love her hair. Great job.

Michelle said...

Hi Tracy

Wow, Wow, Wow!! Awesome!

The layout is beautiful and that ribbon is so pretty but your colouring is just amazing!

Michelle :o)

*Alison* said...

girl this is amazing! you always rock on coloring.. I love everything about this :) hugs

Denimo said...

Great card Tracy! Love the subtle colors and your great coloring.
Hugs,
Denise

Dana Joy said...

Gorgeous card. Love your coloring and that paper is amazing.

In paper heaven said...

I'm really lovin this card. Love the subdued colors with the pop of red. You did a wonderful job coloring this adorable image. The whole card just fits together so well. Awesome!!

Katie Skiff said...

I love it. Love the coloring, but her hair looks nice.

eva said...

this is so soft and pretty! i love that bow and your coloring!

sparkling stamper said...

Your coloring is magnificent. I am so envious of all the dt and their projects!

Christina Hicks said...

Such a lovely girly card, I love her red barrette.

Patricia St Martin said...

Totally adorable. Love the beautiful colors. Your images is just darling.

Deonna B said...

Fantastic coloring! What a great card. Thanks for the inspiration.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fabulous colors!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10