Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Miss you Friend!

I have a dear old friend, Julie. Julie and I have been friends since we were kids. We continued to be friends through all the moves...getting married....kids. Of course there were periods of time when we didn't see or talk to each other, lost contact...it's easy to do in your early 20's! I wrote her mother a letter about 5 years ago because I was unsure where she was. I hadn't talked to her in a few years. I got a call from her about a week or so later and 3 months later we met out in Vegas with our husbands. It was great seeing her. She lives in Ohio not to far of a drive from where we grew up. I live in Florida.....quite a bit of a distance between us! I do miss her and really wish that we lived a little bit closer so we could do easier "girls weekends". Last year we went to Vegas for a girls weekend.  I also went to Ohio and spent a week with her and have plans on taking the family back this fall. So though we do not talk often (thank goodness for facebook lol) I do cherish the friendship that we have had over the years and it wouldn't be the same without Julie in it. 

I'm sending this card to Julie this week. I'm not sure if she looks at my blog but if you do...surprise! hehe


Now for the card details - The image is from Mo Manning.....SO FREAKIN' CUTE!  My new favorite card.  I colored it with Copic markers. The papers are Bo Bunny. The flower is handmade using a scallop punch. The sentiment is from CTMH. I did this for the Mo's challenge Blog  - you had to use fabric and it said they would count lace....so....thats my fabric...I did sew the paper too?? lol  Little credit for that????? hehe




I spritz the flower with Pearl Glimmer Mist from tattered angels. Can you tell?

Copics that I used for the digi...


Thanks for looking and don't forget I have blog candy. It closes July 11th. Its in the upper left hand corner. I saw recently on a website that they had blog candy and you didn't have to be "forced" to be a follower. Well I guess I am forcing you to be a follower....but I'm going to tell you why. As I see it, I want to give a treat to my special followers...people who visit my blog regularly.  So if that is called forcing it....then yes I am forcing you!!! hehehe

Hugs to all my followers and thank you for looking to all that have stumbled upon my blog. I thoroughly enjoy each and every comment I get. I'm not sure what the etiquette is on comments. If i am asked a specific question, I make a point to answer it. Otherwise, I typically do not respond to every comment. However, I do look at each persons blog and try to leave some kind of love on theirs as best as possible.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Sweet card, Tracy. Your friend will love it. I can't believe all the work you put into it!
Hugs to you,
Pam

Suzanne C said...

That is absolutely adorable! i would love to get that stamp. Your friend is going to adore it. I have a friend just like the one you shared...distances, loosing contact for a while, reconnecting....etc. Those are true friends for life. Anyway, your card is very adorable!!!!!

Suzanne
http://suzannescardmakingscraps.blogspot.com/

Lisette Morris said...

Gorgeous Tracy! I love the lollipops! Too Cool!! Don't you miss me? I'm right down the street, you can save on postage!...LOL!! Hugs!!

Elaine L. said...

Sweet card...lovely coloring! Thanks for sharing it with us in Mo's Challenge this week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10