Saturday, May 22, 2010

Robin Hood...

So last night my two favorite guys and I went and saw "Robin Hood" with Russell Crowe.  I had heard from some people that they didn't like it, but I went knowing that it was a prequel to all the other stories of Robin Hood. I must say, I LOVED it. I thought the story was great, I thought the special effects were wonderful. I LOVED Cate Blanchet (sp?) as Maid Marianne. She was fabulous.  Of course, Robin Hood was played by Russell Crowe who I absolutely adore. One of my all time favorite movies is Gladiator! (same directors too)

So I left thinking of my little Sherwood Edwin sitting on my desk colored but not assembled into a card. So I did what any sane (cough) person would do and I came home and put together this little guy........



I had some little chipboard trees from Maya Road which I colored using chalk cat eyes. Edwin is colored with Copic Markers. I did this one awhile ago, so I do not know which colors that I used.  My local Michael's just got in a rack full of new borders, so I snagged up this woodland border punch a couple of days ago. I love it, the corner has a bird. So cute.  The sentiment is from CTMH. Papers are random from my stash! (as usual)


I used the Friday Sketchers sketch.

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!  Go check out Robin Hood, if your into that sort of thing!!

19 comments:

paola said...

STUNNING! you really did a fab job of putting this together. Love the chipboard trees, they are the perfect touch for Sherwood Edwin.
smiles
Paola

Jean said...

Very adorable..even though Robin Hood is not my thing, this is such a cute card and you did a great job with the painting and layout.. love that punch from Michaels... love the colors.. Great job...
Hugs, Jean

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your card- I went to Robin Hood yesterday too- did not know it was pre-Sherwood Forest, but will most likely go see the next one....LOVE your cute card with the tres there....awesome!

Christina C. said...

Hi Tracy! I love your Robin Hood! You did a magnificent job showcasing him...love all the special details!

Anonymous said...

fabulous edwin card! love the trees and border...I can see I NEED that one! lol
beautiful coloring! TFS!
Pam Going Postal

Dena said...

Yep! I saw all these new border at Michaels yesterday too! This one looks FABULOUS on your card!!! What adorable trees for embellishments too!!! Love your card. Now I'm inspired to use my Robin Hood! Thanks!
Hugs, Dena

Barb Hardeman said...

Gorgeous!!! This card with all of it's dimension and earthy colors is fabulous! Awesome job...

Anonymous said...

I love it!! how lucky you girls are to have Michael's. In Australia we are not that fortunate.. I just adore the border and trees..Overall I just love it all...
hugs
Jennifer

Gloria Dawson said...

Tracey your card is adorable! Love the papers and colors you chose and Edwin is colored beautifully!

Anonymous said...

I love it!! how lucky you girls are to have Michael's. In Australia we are not that fortunate.. I just adore the border and trees..Overall I just love it all...
hugs
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Awesome card. Isn't it funny the things that inspire us. Your coloring is great and the trees are a great addition. I love that border punch too!

Peggie said...

Great Edwin. Love those trees.

Vivi Casale said...

oh.. what an adorable card you made!
Love all the embellies on the card!
and you coloring is perfect!!
Ps. thanks for the movie review!
I'll definetely watch it!
xxx
Vivi

Leonie said...

Just awesome!! Love the little trees ans that border is perfect! He is such a handsome fellow too
Hugs Leonie

Maureen said...

Cool! Sherwood Forest is fab! (as is Edwin, of course!) Love it.

Christine Riley said...

This is gorgeous, love your coloring.
Hugs, Christine

Lisa said...

Wow!! I love this card! Your Sherwood Edwin is wonderful! Thanks for the movie review also, I can't wait to see it. Love your blog! I became a follower!!
Hugs,
Lisa

Sheri said...

Just precious Tracy. Everything!
I saw Robin Hood this past weekend too..and I loved it as well! I can't wait for the next one! Great job Tracy!!

Lena said...

Hi Tracy! I love your Robin Hood! Stuning. Really you did a fabulous job showcasing him...love all the special details! You inspire me!
hugs
Lena

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10