Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bewitching Tilda

Evening, FIRST - Scroll below this post if you have come over to view the SNB Blog Hop. It's the next one!!

Second,  I can't believe I got this done tonight! Lucky me, I have been pretty much out of commission for the entire weekend. I started getting a bit of a twitch in my back on Friday night....by Saturday afternoon, I pretty much couldn't do anything. But of course, being a mom I did!!! Well, I am paying for it today! Worst part I had a craft day planned with my stamping friend, Lisette! We'll have to get together another day.  It took me all day of doing a little at a time, because I can't just sit, to get my little tilda done, but I did get one done and I like how she turned out. The picture didn't come out great. I think it looks way better in person. I sprayed the entire card with Pearl Glitter Mist, so with the light it kinda washed her out.







Tild is colored with Copic markers. The papers are from My Minds Eye. On the inside of the card I used a spider web punch from EK Success. I distressed the edges of everything, because thats just what I do!!! I didn't have any black flowers, but no worries, I just made some rolled flowers. I like them. I think they kinda looked spooky - goes with the Halloween theme nicely.  Instead of using leaves, I used some raffia. The hatpin was made by my mom. She gets upset because I don't wear the jewelry that she makes. It's not that it is not nice, it's just not my style. So she was pretty excited when I asked her to make me some hatpins. She will be especially happy when she sees that I actually used one in a card!! haha

The sentiment was handmade. Ok...so I wanted it to looked distressed and old, well It looked good, then I kept messing with it, so it looks crappy instead. But, it is what it is.......I will grow to like it! lol  I picked up the lace at JoAnns. Cut out my little Witch Tilda and pop dotted her.

Thats about all! 

Challenges:
Totally Tilda - Lilac and Lace
Just Magnolia - Sketch

Thanks for looking!!
 

26 comments:

Moments by Marla said...

Adorable card. I really like the distressing you did.

Barb Hardeman said...

This is just Spooktacular! Love the black flowers and the charm! Too cute...hugs...Barb

Barb Hardeman said...

This is just Spooktacular! Love the black flowers and the charm! Too cute...hugs...Barb

Nancy said...

How cute! Perfect Halloween colors with some punch colors added and the black roses are a great addition.

Unknown said...

Tracy...so sorry to hear about your back problems. Feel better soon!! Your card is beyond darling! Love your DPs and design...and your coloring is beautiful - as always! Pat Frank

Rene said...

Oh I think she's gorgeous! And your sentiment looks great to me! Love the black flowers too...very bewitching indeed! I hope your back gets to feeling better soon!
Rene

Anonymous said...

Oooh Tracy this is really neat! I love all the distressing you have done and what a fab job on the flowers.

Suzanne J Dean said...

This is just fabulous! I love the rustic elements, every detail sets off this spooktacular Tilda perfectly!

hugz,
Suzanne

Dewi Hasan said...

So cute....! I love the way you did it....

xoxo,
Dewi

Kathy JH said...

I think your card is fabulous! Love that spider web punch - will have to look around for that.

cathylynn said...

Hey Tracy.... Wow what a great card. Love the lace and colors. Hope you're feelin better real soon...hugs.. cathylynn

Cheryl said...

Tracy, your card is gorgeous! Love the papers, coloring and the layout!! (and, by the way, now I NEED that spider web punch!)

Trisha said...

Hi Tracy! Love this Tilda image and the papers u chose-Is that spider-web punch a Martha Stewart? Gorgeous!! Thanks for playing at Totally Tilda! Swing by my site if you're up for some Tilda blog candy! xox Trish

Cheryl M said...

I love your card! The colors are perfect!

Deeanna said...

Hi. Your card is so cute.I love the colors. Good Job :}

Cor* said...

hOLY Cramoli! This is gorgeously spooky. Great papers, and layout and that doily beind there is just perfect. Love the inside! Job well done for sure. thanks for joining in at Totally Tilda this week for Lilac & Lace!

LINDA W. said...

Great card....love your coloring
and your flowers and hat pin.
Hope that you are feeling better.
Hugs Linda W.

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

Great card. I love the papers and the twine is the perfect touch.

Cordine said...

gorgeous Card!
Hugs
Cordine

Diana Crick said...

Spook-tacular...lol. Absolutely FABULOUS!!! Could you contact me at ladydian@shaw.ca.
hugs, Diana

Dena said...

Tracy! This is just way cute! I know what you mean about the glimmer mist and photos. I have the same problem. That is a super cute punch that you used and love the rolled flowers!!!
Hugs, Dena

Christina C. said...

A phenomenal Halloween card, Tracy!!!
Love the distressing and all the wonderful details! You colored Tilda to perfection.

Dena said...

Tracy, still lovin your card, but I'm back to saaaaaaayyyyy!
Thanks for joining in the Just Magnolia Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

Bev said...

Fab card Tracy, love the detail! Thanks for joining us at JM this week x

Unknown said...

Great card, super take on lilac and lace. Thanks for joining in our Lilac and Lace challenge at Totally Tilda.
Hugs
Dawn x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love how you have her floating there and your coloring is perfect!


Thanks for joining Totally Tilda challenges!

xoxoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10