Monday, September 22, 2014

Take time for Detours....

Good morning!  Soooo, today I was nominated by one of my bestest crafty girls, Jenny Peterson, to participate in Creative Blog hop! It allows us all to meet new faces, maybe get introduced to bloggers we didn't know before now.....with the idea that it never ends!!

Also todays post is for BellaRiffic Fridays challenge at Stamping Bella. Are you on Facebook, if not, you should be because Em has been posting some images of the upcoming release and boy are the CUTE! If you are an uptown girl fan like I am, you will be blown away for sure!!!

Real quick about my card. This weeks inspiration photo from Stamping Bella is this:
 
So my Uptown Girl - Molly Makes a Detour is going on a safari or maybe traveling the world!  I used an older paper pad from Bo Bunny for the paper, Zoology Collection. Added some foam squares to each layer and that's about all the room I had, so yep...simple!
 
 
Now......for todays creative hop I have a couple of questions to answer for you.....and then I am going to nominate 3 other awesome crafters that I think you should get to know. Hopefully they will play along!! If so, next Monday, they will post and answer all these questions that I know you are dying to know about us!! ;-)
 
  • What am I working on now - Fall décor. I have been busy making wreaths and centerpieces for the house. We bought a new, bigger house and I am having fun decorating, I have loads more space to do so with. So If I am not card making....I am usually perusing pinterest for ideas!!  I am also always coloring and working on cards for the design teams that I am on.....
  • How does my work differ from others in my genre? I am a plain Jane girl. My cards tend to be simple with layers and not much in terms of "stuff".  I love to use buttons, twine, occasional ribbon, but that's about all you will see out of me. Long ago when I first got into this biz, I felt that I needed to do what everybody else did and I would load up  a card with Flowers. Then I was like, why am I adding flowers to a card with a kid playing soccer on it?? This doesn't seem right!!!  So I stopped and I have developed, in time, my own style.  
  • Why do I create what I do?  I love to color. When I was little I was always drawing and my favorite class was art. My parents even put me in an afterschool art program for a little bit, I LOVED IT. As I got older I would still sketch things out here and there.  Then I was introduced to stamping by my MIL.  I loved that outlet and my girlfriends and I would do "craft-a-thons" quarterly. Everybody would do one project and bring enough for everyone and "teach" it. It was awesome and nobody was sitting there lacking mojo! A few years later when I found Copics, I I found me!  Coloring is my destresser!! I do what I like and how I like it. I'm not trying to be anybody else when I color. I have my own style and look and am quite happy with it.  Nothing better than binge watching Netflix, glass of wine....line art and some copics!!
  • How does my creative process work? Hrmm, well, I start by picking out the line art that I want to use. Normally these days that is chosen by whatever design team that I am on, but not always. Then I always pick out the paper that I am going to use. I base my coloring on that paper. I have just colored and didn't pick out paper but it's too stressful afterwards to match it up. So I don't do that very often anymore. After I have colored my image, I will sometimes look for a sketch that I like. Sometimes I just wing it. I will usually pull 2-3 patterned papers from the paper I am using.  Then I just starting putting it together. I will add some foam dots between layers to give it a little more dimension. If I end up with what is going to be an empty spot, I will often times pull out the buttons, twine and enamel dots!
  •  
    So that's all about me! Now I need to nominate some awesome crafty girls......hrmmm....I think I will nominate the following crafters:
     

    So next Monday....let's see who they nominate!
     
    Hugs
    Tracy
     
     
     

    Pin It

    1 comment:

    Leslie said...

    So pretty Tracy! Your colouring is fab and I really like the papers you used. I think those stacked suitcases look like the inspiration sketch! LOL.

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
    01 09 10