Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Cuppa Mae and a Box Tutorial....

I don't know about you all, but I am a Pinterest addict! I love going there for all sorts of inspiration. Especially crafty ideas and recipes!! Awhile back ago I found this simple box by Cosmo Cricket made from a 12x12 piece of cardstock.  They have a video tutorial available. I did a photo tutorial which I happen to like because I don't have to pause in between steps!!

 Get your scor-board out!!


Score your paper at 3" and 9", then turn...


Score the other side at 5" and 7".
 
Crease the score lines.

Here is where it gets a little tricky.  You have to bring the center out to the sides like this...
 
 
After you do all 4 sides, you will end up with something that looks like the below:



Unfold and add a strong adhesive such as Scor-tape, ATG, etc.

Add tape to all 4 locations as shown:

Adhere.
 
You should have something now that looks like this:
 
 
Now it's time for the fun stuff. You can decorate the outside as you wish. Be sure to add a flap to it so you can close the box easily.




 
I used Cuppa Mae from Some Odd Girl. Colored with my copic markers. The paper is from Bo Bunny.
 
Thanks for stopping by.
Tracy


Pin It

6 comments:

Robin said...

Fabulous box tutorial! Love the design and your coloring is FAB! Thanks so much for the info. Hugs, Robin

cebelica said...

This is awesome. Thank you for the tutorials! Hugs! xx

Rhonda Miller said...

Thanks for the tutorial. Your box is gorgeous.

Rachel Parys said...

Love this treat box Tracy! My daughter and I made one of these a few months ago, so fun and handy! This image goes with it perfectly!

Unknown said...

Hi Tracy, great tutorial, just love your box!! Hugs Frea

Jenny said...

That hair is damned ridiculous! I like your box. I'll have to have a go at it ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10