Monday, March 4, 2013

Happy SOG

Well, hello! I hope you weekend was great! Mine went by way to fast. More birthday parties and then I volunteered at a concession stand for a METS Springtraining game. The proceeds were going to the Honor Flight.  What a cool program. If you have never heard of it and you know somebody that is a WWII Vet, you should look into it!  You can find information on their website - http://www.honorflight.org/ They fly them and a chaparone up to Washington, DC for the day and it's a red carpet event for those guys. They have doctors and nurses that go along as well just in case anything happens. I helped with sending them off last year and the entire thing was pretty exciting.

They loaded up on the bus that takes them to the airport around 4 a.m. and they had people in cars and bikers follow them the entire way.  There were people all along the roadways waving flags. It was a touching event and I was more than happy to volunteer some time to raise money for them this weekend.

On to my card.  We are sharing the latest digi release from Some Odd Girl this week.  Today's card is featuring Happy Gwen.

I used my favorite Tangerine papers by My Minds Eye. I actually pulled out some OLD prima flowers, which I rarely use anymore. I love this card though, the colors make me happy and excited about spring and summer coming up!

Thanks for stopping by!

Tracy

Pin It

3 comments:

Hanneke said...

SO nice of you to volunteer Tracy! I love your bright card, the DP is gorgeous! Hugs, Hanneke

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

she is just stunning tracy! i love the oranges on her...too pretty :)

Katie said...

Wow Tracy!! I saw this on the SOG blog and HAD to pop by and tell you how much I love it! Gorgeous coloring and I can see why those papers are a favorite- they're awesome :) Hugs, Katie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10