Monday, December 13, 2010

Recipe Share....

Are you Ready? There is only 11 days and 14 some hours til Christmas!!!!!!!! Yikes. I am finished with my shopping, have been since before thanksgiving, but I am still buying - the downside to finishing up early!

So I am going to share a little recipe that I love to make for Christmas - Ricotta Cookies. Don't go ewwww! lol  They are moist and delicious.  My kids LOVE them. My great-grand parents all came to America from Italy...so I have alot of Italian in me!  So quite a few of our holiday cookies are Italian cookies, usually made with Anisette. I also make a Ricotta Pie that I just LOVE. If you love Canolli (which I do) you would love the Ricotta Pie. It's delish! I'll share that another day.  Today, you're getting Ricotta Cookies:

Ricotta Cookies

1 cup Butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
16 oz. ricotta cheese
2 ts. vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 ts baking powder
1 ts. baking soda

Frosting:
1/2 cup milk
1/2 ts. butter
1/2 ts shortening
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1 TB Lemon extract
1/2 cup colored candy sprinkles

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets or use Silicone mats (my preferred way to bake).

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Then add ricotta cheese and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and soda. Stir into the ricotta mixture. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.

Bake for 8-10 mins.  Allow cookies to cool on sheet for 5 minutes, remove to wire rack to cool completely.

Frosting:  Warm milk, butter and shortening in small pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until solids are melted. Remove from heat and gradually stir in confectioners sugar and lemon extract.  Dip the tops of the cookies into the icing and then dip into sprinkles.

Makes about 48


3 comments:

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

(((WAVING))Hi Tracy,OHHHH MY GOSH I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF RICOTTA COOKIES!!!!!!!!!!! I need to try these one day.I just need too but i will definatley brake my nonfat diet lmbo!!!!!!! uhhh what to do what to do lol!!! THANKS FOR THE TEMPTAION HUN,RubYM:)

Rosie said...

Ooooh, these sound delish! I'm going to have to try them out. Thank you also for sharing your family recipes!

Sandy said...

Tracy - these look delicious and I just copied the recipe - thanks and Merry Christmas!
Sandy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10