Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Recipe and a Re-draw (again!!)

A few years ago a customer at work brought in a cookie tray at christmas time. They had these little truffles decorating the top of the cookies. I put one of those little truffles into my mouth and was in AWWWWE. They were SO GOOD. I was like...Susan, what in the world are these and please tell me they are NOT a family recipe and you will share it with me....  She laughed then said, yes of course I will share it with you. You will laugh when you know what they are, and just how easy they are to make!!

OREO TRUFFLES (The greatest thing next to Rum Cake, IMO)

1 package Oreo Cookies, Crushed (divided)
1 - 8 oz. Cream Cheese Softened
1 - Chocolate bark or melting chocolate for candies.

Finely crush your Oreos. Reserve 1/4 cup to sprinkle on tops.  Stir in cream cheese to the rest of the oreos until well blended. Roll into 1 inch balls. Place into freezer or refrigerator so they harden up a bit. makes it easier to dip them into chocolate. Melt your chocolate. Stick a toothpick into the balls and dip into the chocolate. Place on wax paper.  Pull the Toothpick out, use it to cover the hole up with chocolate. Sprinkle tops with reserved Oreo crumbs. Let dry. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. 

Serve. Makes about 48 truffles.

NOTE: During the holidays I tend to sprinkle mine with red and green sprinkles.

They are delicious!!!

Next - I had to do ANOTHER re-draw for the Blog Candy. This time the lucky winner is:

Jan from http://scrapnsurprise.blogspot.com/   

Fingers crossed.......Come On Jan...where are ya??? :-)) Email me at scrapgirl1210@gmail.com

Have a great day. Remember to check out my 2 previous post from today. One is for the Magnolia-licous Challenge blog and the other is an image by Mo Manning. So cute!

Hugs,

8 comments:

Julie said...

Tracy,
We call them Oreo balls and they are wonderful! I just made some last week using peppermint oreos. Yum!
Hugs,
Julie

julie said...

Those sound awesome! I believe I will make them tomorrow!

Lisette Morris said...

Oooooo I always try and make a new cookie recipe with all my others. This one is it!!!! Wish I had some now!

Shirl said...

Want to try this Tracy what are Oreo cookies?
Hugs Shirley x x

Pam said...

They sound so good!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

I swear we were are really sisters or something (I'll have to give a call to my mom - LOL) I make that exact same recipe every Christmas too!!! Isn't it awesome?!?! And I HATE oreos but I will get these until they are all gone. Oh and I call it Oreo Truffles too!!

Oh, sorry you're having such a hard time finding a winner for your blog candy....You have my address ya know!!! LOL

Jan G said...

I hope you received my addy! I sent it the other day! Please let me know! Jan G
Jgarber5@cox.net

luvthatstampin said...

I went all the way down your page totally in awe of all your cards, and the recipes too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10