Monday, March 29, 2010

Maggies!!

Ok, so I now know what it is like to be an addict! No, I'm not talking anything bad...totally harmless really - well except in your checkbook! I'm talking about the wonderful world of Magnolias. So as you can see by the date of my last post, I have still been blog looking, but not blog writing! In my blog searches I came across those cute little mouthless magnolias. I have to say, something drew me to those cute little moutheless wonders. Could it be because I have a 5 year old who has been nicknamed by the kids in her class "Chatterbox". Hrmm...maybe that is why I love those Maggies soooooo much.

Anyways, I found this wonderful resource www.simonsaysstamp.com and they carry many, many lines of stamps. I put in my first order...and waited. Then it came! My little maggies (along with a slew of others..shhhh don't tell hubs) Before I get into the maggies, did I mention that I have also been converted to a Copic person. Oh yes....I am adding to my Copics quite rapidly actually. I'm still practicing but I'm getting a handle on the blending. Love them! So my new little images came and what happens, nope...no time last weekend to play. It's just not fair....

But, luckily I get together with a wondeful group of ladies about every 3 months and we have what we have termed a "Craft-a-thon". We all make a card, box or whatever and bring enough for everybody (there is usally an avg of 8-10 of us) and we all get to demonstrate our item. We have such a great time. We usually start about 9 a.m., have a little breakfast then get stamping. We break mid-day and have lunch and dessert then resume stamping. We have been doing this for about 4 years now.

So, before I got to play with my first order (yes first, because of course there was a second order!!) My second order came in time for this past week. I played, oh yes I played! All I can say is, I'm in love with all my new stamps. They are wonderful!

I also invested in some Prisma Color pencils. I bought the box of 36. I told a friend that I really only wanted 24, that 36 was most definitely overkill. She said, nah it's not overkil....she was so right. I now own 54 of those little guys too. (I did mention that I have an addiction at the beginning of this post, right?)

So this weekend I colored away.......it was a good weekend. That's all I have to say about that. I will just sit and wait for my 3rd order of maggies (yes, you read correctly....3 orders in oh about 3 weeks.) I need MA - Magnolias Anonymous.

Tracy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10