Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Happy Easter with Magnolia

Hey there Maggie Lovers!  Did anybody get to see The Hunger Games this weekend? I did and I thought the movie was pretty darn good. I still don't like the fact the book/movie is about kids having to kill each other....but it was a great book and an equally great movie. We had a family outing on Friday night to see it and then grabbed some really fancy dinner afterwards at Moe's..lol  Told you it was fancy! lol We can't help it...we have been waiting for our 2 favorite places to be located closer to home and we finally got a Five Guys and a Moe's in the last couple months. I try to stay away from Five Guys though....not the healthiest thing KWIM.

The rest of the weekend was just busy. I did pencil in Sunday for some much needed house cleaning. I hate that. Stamping was calling my name all day but I shut the door to the craft room and stayed away. My house needed some TLC after being sick for a week then away on vacation for almost 2 weeks and this past week we were hardly home. So I feel much better now that it is all clean and in order. I still won't be able to craft for the next few days though. I have family in town so I plan to hang out with them some. I am so behind on creating!!

Today we are having an inspiration challenge over on the Magnolia-licious Challenge .  The very talented Angela Wood picked out the following for our inspiration.


I was so happy to get ONE easter card completed and so bummed that is is only one!! I love making easter cards and little treat boxes, etc. I just haven't had the time this year, so sad really!

I used Tilda w/Newly Hatched Chick. I didn't see her available in the store but if you are interested check with Diana and she can let you know when it may be available.  I used Copics to color my image and added some distressing with some Tim Holtz distress inks around my paper. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.

Please hop on over to the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog and have a look at the other DT's Creations. Some of the girls really outdid theirselves, there are some amazing baskets and box creations this month you won't want to miss. As always if you play along with us you will be entered to win a chance for a $25.00 gift certificate for the Magnolia-licious store!


Pin It

22 comments:

cabio's craft corner said...

Sweet card Tracy. Love your gorgeous coloring and fabulous layout design of this card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Hanneke said...

Great card! Love the image and your coloring! Love the pop of bright pink in the flowers! Hugs, Hanneke

Unknown said...

So Glad you had a fun weekend. I love this image. What a cute job. I really Hope you have fun with the family.

Karen said...

This is beautiful! : )

Barb Hardeman said...

Very pretty Tracy and a wonderful take on the inspiration piece! Beautiful dp's and that little Tilda holding the chick is too cute for words. Beautifully colored! Hugs...Barb <><

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

Hi Tracy,hope your having a great day. Your card is wonderful, love the BG papers. Tilda is so cute and the coloring is perfect.
Blessings Doreen

Christina C. said...

This is GORGEOUS, Tracy!!! I love Easter cards and yours is truly stunning...gorgeous coloring, design and details!

Stacy H-W said...

Gorgeous card! That Tilda image is so sweet and she is colored beautifully. Great Easter card!!

Peggie said...

How sweet. Love Tilda's dress. Pretty layout and bow.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colours and papers, very pretty
hugs Julie P

Paula said...

Beautiful! Your coloring looks fantastic!! And love the layout, looks great!

Karen said...

Very cute card! Love your coloring.

Karen

Rachel Parys said...

Saw HG! Loved it! I don't think I would have apprectiated it as much if I wouldn't have read the book first. I'm with you, the whole idea of what the kids have to do is awful. Sucks you right in though.

Cute card! I love that Easter image! I haven't made one solitary Easter item yet! whoops

Suzan L said...

Hi Tracy, your card is so darling!! I love the image that you used along with the wonderful DP's. Your coloring is just beautiful! Have a wonderul week!
Hugs,
Suzan

Patti Jo said...

Just love the spring colors! Beautiful job coloring Tracy! Very pretty card!!!

Unknown said...

Stunning card this Tilda is very sweet and I love the colours that you used fo her.
Francy

Elle said...

I sure wish this image WAS available! So is cuter than cute. I love the chick and your coloring is next to perfection.

Sylvia said...

A lovely and very sweet card Tracy.
xxxSylvia

Gina K said...

Hmmm....I have no idea what Moe's is, but now I'm thinking of food! LOL. Your card is really cute. Great design! I love how you colored Tilda.

Unknown said...

Your easter card is gorgeous!!!!! Love the image and the design!!!!! Wow fabulous work!!!!!

Candy said...

Hi Tracy,
Love your very pretty Easter Card!
Your layout is great. Your card is very restful to look at - makes me feel good :o)
big Hugs, Candy

Candy said...

Beautiful card, Tracy.
Gorgeous colouring and wonderful soft Easter colours.
Hugs, Candy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10