Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1000 Wishes....Magnolia

Hello! I am trying to get back into the swing of things. I did get to color some images this past weekend and even put together a few cards. Figured I would try to get a little caught up on DT projects because my hubby has this bright idea that we should, at the spur of the moment, hop into the car and drive up North so the kids can see some snow (no they have not seen snow, the oldest has seen some "fake" snow made at Sugar Mtn, NC but he doens't consider it the "real" stuff). Ok...so seeing snow sounds great but....hello...I know what snow in the Carolinas is like (I lived there as a teenager). Snow in S/N Carolina has lots of ICE!! So his idea of driving through the MTNS to see snow is not all that appealing to me! ;-) My friend was in North Georgia last week, they couldn't get up the road to get to their cabin and ended up having to stay at a Hotel in another town because alot of others had the same problem and the hotels were all booked!

The Northeast and parts of the South are getting a storm this weekend, he is trying hard for me to go. I don't think I can get off work so soon after Christmas break.  I am trying to push him off til the following weekend! I wouldn't mind going tubing...I love tubing. I just really don't look forward to driving in the snow. I have only drove in snow 1 winter....thats it!! He has NEVER drove in the snow!! Whenever we go out west for Skiing, we go with his parents and his father always drives. Ok, enough rambling on about the snow. You northerners are probably laughing at this silly Florida girl!!






Spellcaster Tilda is colored on Papertrey Ink Paper. My fav paper for coloring with Copics. I used a Stardust GellyRoll pen for the wand area.The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and I added some sparkle to them with Stardust Stickles. It's my favorite of the "clear" stickles. The others seem weird to me..I like Stardust the best. The heart was drawn by me and stamped with a sentiment from CTMH. The paper and ribbons are from my stash.

Oh, wish me luck I am teaching my first Copic 101 class this Thursday at my Local Scrapbook Store. I can't wait.

Challenges:
Totally Tilda - Ribbons and Roses
Bunny Zoe - Sparkle and Shine

 
Have a great day,

21 comments:

Christine said...

What a gorgeous card, Tracy! I love the way you've coloured her!

You're scaring me with all this talk of the two of you driving in the snow LOL... I hope you at least have all season tires on your car! :) I'm sure it would be a blast though! And a unique experience for your kids.

Scrappinangler said...

This is sooo sweet! I love the sentiment!! Where did you get that fabulous green lace? Beautiful job!
~Tori

wljp65 said...

SO sweet!! The roses really compliment the cards and finish it off nicely! I LOVE the paper!!

Wendy - daffygal

Karen said...

Beautiful card Tracy! I love your work...I'm a fan! : )

Christina C. said...

Isn't it wonderful how adaptable those Maggies are???? Love your card, Tracy!!! Beautiful papers, details and your coloring is magnificent!!

Barb Hardeman said...

Tracy you never disappoint with your awesome work! This card is really fabulous! All your trimmings are so pretty, especially the flowers - I love the flowers!
Hugs,
Barb

Rene said...

What a beautifully sweet card!
Rene :D

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Beautiful Tracy!! Love the flowers and and the sentiment!! Gorgeous coloring as always.

My kids are begging to see snow, but my hubby can hardly drive on a sunny day; I'd hate to see him drive in the snow!! LOL

Kelly said...

everything on this card is so neatly done and coordinates beautifully. Well Done.

Julie said...

Fabulous! Love all the embellishments too
Hugs,
julie

Deeanna said...

cute cute cute. This card is so cute. I really like the colors you chose.

Candy said...

Oh Tracy, I love your card!!
Your paper is awesome and so is your colouring!!!
Love your flowers and the double heart.
I wish you luck as you give your first lessons. Lucky ladies who will learn from you!!
Hugs, Candy

cabio's craft corner said...

Isn't she sweetest?! Beautiful coloring on her Tracy and the layout is awesome. Lol, I am not crazy about snow but sounds like you had lots of fun :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Hey, me again....I know your probably too cool for blog awards and all (LOL) but I have one for you on my blog today!! :)

Jan Garber said...

This Arizona gal isn't laughing at you... I totally understand! Men, they always think everyone wants to play in the snow...brrr... that's WHY I kive in Phoenix! lol! As always, your card is amazing! Love what you do with those little flowers! I have to get lax with the bling and fluff! Happy New Years!

Unknown said...

Great job! Thanks for joining us at SSCC and hope to see you again soon!

Sheri said...

Wow, your coloring is so gorgeous! Beautiful, beautiful job! Thank you so much for joining us at MSL! :)

Cindy said...

I love the coloring on this card - Tilda is beautifully done. Thanks so much for sharing at the SSCC ' flowers' challenge. We hope to see you there often. C2

Sandy said...

Oh Tracy - this card is gorgeous - you can do so many things well!
Sandy Dehon

Lori said...

Beautiful, love how you coloured the dress pleats, thanks for joining us at the Totally Tilda Challenge, we're happy to have you!

Mandy said...

Aww this is absolutely gorgeous, your colouring is fabulous hun.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda for our "Ribbons & Roses" challenge
hugs Mandy xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10