Saturday, September 25, 2010

Happy Fall Ya'll

Ahhhh, awesome Saturday. The clouds are starting to roll in, may get a rain shower soon and I have no plans for most of the day! Yea! I love the sound of the rain but it makes me so sleepy. So I think I see a nap in my future!!  A few goody bags arrived in the mail the last 2 days and I couldn't wait to get one of them in particular inked up!  So then I tossed back and forth whether to color it with Distress Inks or copics...distress or copics.  I ended up coloring it in Copics, but stamped another one on watercolor paper to do a Distress inks version later on. 


Ok so seriously, I love this stamp. I really just love it. I grew up in Akron, Ohio. I now live in Florida. My favorite season hands down is Fall. However, I do not like Fall in Florida. Fall in Florida is miserable. By the time Fall is here you are so sick of the heat that when you wake up to 85-90 some degree weather it makes you sad! Especially when you see all your friends and family from back home doing "fall" things. Like going to kids games (with a light jacket on!), going to pumpkin patches (real ones, not in a church parking lot with pumpkins sitting on wood planks), going to apple orchards. I could go on and on, you see my point. I miss the changing of the leaves and I miss raking them up and jumping in them. Spiders? Bugs? nah...you didn't worry about that up north. Florida...I won't even walk in the grass barefooted!

Ok so enough rambling, now I am sad and want to go home for a visit!! :-(

So here are my card details. My Tilda is colored with Copic markers and prisma color pencils. I did some shading of the clothes and the background with the pencils. You can pick up this little beauty in Diana's shop over at Magnolia-licious. If Diana doesn't have something you want, let her know she will most definitely see what she can do. The paper is from My Minds Eye and CTMH. The flower is handmade from fabric. Stay tuned, I did a tutorial on it and will be posting that either tonight or tomorrow morning! ;-)  The sentiment is from Close to my Heart. 

This card falls into a few challenges. Some I am just making it in to!

Stamping Scrapping - Anything Goes
A spoon full of Sugar - Anything Goes
Cutie Sunday - Fall Colors

Thanks for looking


27 comments:

cabio's craft corner said...

Sweet sweet image and fun fun scene. Tracy, you coloring is beautifully done and that flower is so cute!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Sharon Caudle said...

Adorable card! Your coloring is beautiful and I love the colors you've used!
hugs, Sharon

Barb Hardeman said...

Wow, Tracy! You really captured the essence of fall on this card. Your leaves are so vibrant and gorgeous! Love the way you colored Tilda also and that handmade flower....I can't wait until you show your tutorial! Beautiful, beautiful work!
Hugs,
Barb

Suzanne C said...

love this card! I would love to get this Tilda!

Pattie said...

Wow - I absolutely love this card -it's the cutest image and I know what you mean...Fall is a great time with the leaves and pumpkin patches, etc. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Anonymous said...

Tracy, your card is adorable! Love the coloring, your layout, and that awesome flower! Can't wait for your tutorial on that! I'm in Ohio, we're starting to cool down, and how bout we trade places a week here and there? LOL

Hugs,
Beth

ShirleyTACS said...

Tracy, I too, love this stamp. I've got it ordered. I live in Peoria, IL. and am awaiting fall. It has finally started to cool down to the 70's and is rainy. I know what you mean about fall...getting back into jeans, carrying a sweater for when it cools off, walking through the leaves as they crackle under your feet. Thanks for reawaking a memory. Hugs, Shirley

Lisa said...

Adorable card! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kid's Challenge!

Peggie said...

Really love your card. Love fall also. The flower is wonderful. Would love to know how you did it.

Norma said...

Tracy, gorgeous card. I love love that image too and can't wait to colour mine. You've done such a beautiful job with it. Love the colours you used. Can't wait to see your tut on the handmade flower--real fabby.

Hugs,
Norma

Anonymous said...

What a fun card, Tracy! Love love this image and your coloring is beautiful! Super cute flower too. Can't wait to see your distress ink version -haven't learned to use those yet.

Stay cool! We were just in Florida this past summer! Ugh - so hot! Made my hair curl ;) hugs, Angela

Nancy said...

What a delightful card! I just love it - and can almost smell the smoke in the air from the burning leaves. Tilda surely looks like she is having fun and your fabric flower is the perfect touch with the DP. Great job! Thanks for sharing.

Fiona said...

great card and fantastic flower. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

Zoe said...

Wow Tracy. This is so pretty. I just love your colouring and the leaves are perfect! Great touch with the leaves and the flower too. Hugs xxoo

Shelley said...

Tracy, I love your card, and I agree with you, we have no fall here in south Florida. I, too, miss the changing of the leaves. For the past few years I have gone up north for thanksgiving, but not this year. Shucks!

KYour coloring is perfect. How did you make the flower with the button on it? Please tell.

Dena said...

Tracy! I am just marveling at your card!!!! Your coloring with the copics is just beautiful. (I'm jealous) I can't wait to see your tutorial on your flower because I want to try it. Great look!
P.S. We have the same weather here in Houston. I always wanted to go up north when the leaves are turning, and yes I constantly worry about bugs, snakes, etc. ha ha!
Hugs, Dena

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Tracy. wow on the flower, can't wait to see the tutorial!
hugs

Sherry -Aunt Elmo- said...

your card is beautiful and your coloring is fabulous!! I can't wait to try that flower! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Julie said...

This is just darling! Thank you for joining us at the 7 Kids Challenge!

Julie

Candy said...

I love this image and forgot to order it :o(
Tracy your Copic work is awesome - it looks like you hand painted your Tilda and background :o)
Love your card!
Hugs~

Patti Jo said...

Tracy this is so adorable! Love your colors and coloring and oh so neat flower!!! Thanks for the step by step! Great job!!!

Nadine said...

Hallo
wow, was für ein wunderschönes Werk.
Einfach der Hammer.
Vielen lieben Dank fürs Mitmachen bei
Cutie Sunday.

Liebe Grüße Nadine

*Arwen* said...

Great work!
Your card is gorgeous.
Thanks for joining Cutie Sunday this week.

xx Arwen

Cordine said...

It's Gorgeous! And i love the flower!
Hugs
Cordine

Suzanne J Dean said...

Such a fun and cute image--love the sweet papers! Thanks for joining us at the 7 Kids Challenge Blog!

hugz,
Suzanne

Lisa said...

This is precious! Your coloring is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the 7 Kids Challenge!

Only By His Grace said...

Beautiful card and flower. The colours are so vibrant. Thanks for the tutorial on making the flower.
Hugs Marion (Maz)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10