Monday, January 17, 2011

Love Struck Heart Easel Card...

**EDIT: I have added a few of my cards to EBAY to Purchase - You can view them here: http://shop.ebay.com/wheretonext06/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

Also, I have had quite a few blogging friends ask for directions on making the heart easel card. I will work on a tutorial this week for it! ;-)


Hello Monday!  I am off work today - Yeah me!  I really need to tend to my house, so not sure if I will get much done in terms of playing, but thats ok.  Yesterday my husband took my son and his 3 friends to Universals - Islands of Adventure for the day. I totally got out of going by telling my Hubs to invite his Best friend, who  moved to the other coast of Florida. I said, that would be perfect, you guys could meet up there and hang out. SCORE! I got out of going! haha  I mean come on, 4, 11 yr olds...I am fondly called "MOMSTER" I would have been that mom saying.."Boys, stay by me", Boys, Don't do this...lol  My husband on the otherhand is totally laid back and probably was being ruled by the boys, which means the boys had an awesome time!

Since they were gone I took that opportunity to have my stampin' buds over, Lisette and Samantha. I got a few things done. I colored a cute image, but hated the colors I had to use to put it together. I may have to go to the LSS to see if I can find some other papers with those colors in them....I'm just not feeling these...and it shows! Then after they left I colored up the card I am about to show you. I finished it up this morning...and I LOVE IT! I mean really....I think I am "love struck" by it myself. Ok so seriously....I think this is one of my most stankin' cute cards! LOL


I freehanded the heart and cut it from a 6x6 card.






I decided to make it an easel card. I am on an easel card kick lately. They are just the perfect handmade card to me. People can actually display them and it forces you do decorate the inside, something that I have been working on.

I colored tilda with Copic markers.  I think the dress is the R80's and the browns are the E40's. I used my favorite Bo Bunny papers again! It's hard to see in the photograph, but the paper is actually dk Brown...it looks  black in the photo though. I liked that background, they reminded me of arrows flying by. The Sentiment was created by yours truly on my computer. Not that impressive, but it works! hehe The punches are from Martha stewart. The large heart border punch on the inside is awesome because you can use all the hearts it punches out. So cool. I don't have it, but I borrowed my friends and punched out a few things before she left ;-)  The ribbon is from a gift box or something like that. I just remembered keeping it because it was a nice soft pink and satin. Glad that I did. The flower is from Wild Orchid Crafts.

One more thing, I need an opinion - I bought a new light box. It came with a gray and a blue backdrop. I hate the blue...the gray is so so. I went about bought something else to use as a backdrop because I wasn't thrilled with it, but I don't know if it's because I truly don't like it, or if it's just not what I am use to. So I need opinions. Which do you like better:




Thats all folks.....

Challenges:
Bunny Zoe - Love is in the Air
Lexi's  - Say it with Love
Paper Playtime - Use the word LOVE
Stamps R Us - Shaped Cards
Magnolia Lovers - Sentiment
One Stitch at a Time - NEW (border punch)
Pile it On - Anything Goes
Stamptacular Sunday - Anything but a Square
Copic Creations - Anything New (punch)
Really reasonable Ribbon - Hearts and Ribbon
Delightful Sketches - Easel card
Do you Stack up - Distress It
Wild Orchid Challenge - Let's get Sentimental
7Kids- Hot or Cold
Just Magnolia  - My fav Things





58 comments:

charlene said...

Adorable card love the heart easle... I love Islands of Adventure that would have been a tough call for me :)
Your coloring is amazing and I like the lighter backdrop for the lite box.
Hugs

wljp65 said...

WOW Tracy!! For a free hand that is an AWESOME card!! I can see why you were antsy to post. GREAT job! Love those easels!

Wendy - daffygal

Catherine Atkinson said...

Looks good! I like the way you colored Tilda's dress!

Rosie said...

Oh wow Tracy...that card is stankin' cute!! I love that you made it a heart easel card and all the details are fabulous! I think I like the lighter backdrop for the card pictures. You should check out this link for some great backdrop ides:
http://tmasonstudio.blogspot.com/2011/01/photography-backdrops.html

I'm thinking about trying her backdrop idea soon.

Big hugs to ya!
Rosemary

Mascha van Dijk Zimmerman said...

This is such a cool valentinecard, love the colors and shape. Very nice...Bye mascha

LouDotMac said...

You got it in one girl, that card is stankin' cute!! Nice job. You have coloured her beautifully and the papers really show her off. I love the edge punch around the heart, really adds a new dimension. A perfect heart - I wouldn't have thought it was a freehand job!!

In my opinion I like the photo taken with the darker background - it draws all of your attention to the card straight away and makes it stand out more. Although that might just be the colours you have used on that particular card. Not really of much help, am I?! I hope you find some way you're happy with soon!

Lou Mac. xo

RubyM:) said...

OMG LOL!! I was telling my friend Dena i was planning to do a heart easel card.So happens she did one, so now i had to do one as pretty as hers lol!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN LOL!!!I also have to do one as pretty as yours lol!!!!Your card is so precious.The punch border so happens to be my fave.The coloring is gorgeous and the setting is amasing hun. I won't copy you i promise lmbo!!! ((hugs))RubyM:)

Angela said...

Beautiful Valentine's card, Tracy! Love the colors you used for this card and you coloring is wonderful!

Oh can I come for a playdate? ;) teehee! hugs, Angela

RubyM:) said...

I forgot my to tell you.Your friends heart punch is freakin cool!!!! Also i like the first backdrop ,it brightens your card,RubyM:)

Karen's Fun Blog said...

Very beautiful! : )

Chris said...

Oh my gosh, Tracy, I'm love struck with your easel card! You did an incredible job! It is just perfect! You should be one proud puppy! Wow! Your card just wins my heart!

I prefer the lighter background only because of the contrast it provides. I think it would depend on your card colors. With this card, the lighter background looks great, IMHO.

xO,
Chris Christensen

Barb Hardeman said...

Such a pretty card Tracy! Your coloring is beautiful and that you cut the whole image out is awesome! Love the heart shape and the red/black/white theme. Totally gorgeous!
Hugs,
Barb

Rene said...

Oh this is gorgeous! So perfect for Valentine's Day!
Gorgeous coloring!
Rene :D

Jeannie said...

Tilda is absolutely the cutest and this is a perfect Valentine, all lacey and pretty!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

*Vicki* said...

Tracy...I just LOVE your heart easel!! This is so creative and gorgeous!! :)

Leonie said...

First up...OMG you freehanded this heart..*falls over*..wow it looks amazing!!! Love the MS border makes it look so dainty. You sweet Tilda is gorgeous and loving your colour combo!! Awesome!
Hugs Leonie

Abbylicious said...

Tracy, your card is adorable in every way. Very inspiering. Love your coloring, great job!
I like the light background better at least on this card because it shows all the tiny detail in the heart trim you used.
Judy K.

Patti Jo said...

Really cute heart easel card! Lots of fun details and your Tilda is terrific!!! Wonderful job on you card Tracy!!! Yup...stankin' cute!

Cricket said...

I love it! Great job.

Sandy said...

Now if I could just figure out how to do this Tracy I would be in business! Love your card sugar!!
Sandy Dehon

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Tracy!
Oh too cute. Love that heart easel card.
Love those colors together.
about the backdrops...I prefer the the light one but the darker one looks great as well. I think it's a matter of which one highlights your card the best.
Hugs Maz

Anonymous said...

That card is the cutest! I started playing with a heart shape one too.Your coloring is amazing and I love your colors choices. BTW - the lighter backdrop shows off you work better.

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Oh How Beautiful. Love the Heart easel card. I love the black and red, I love everything about it. Great JoB!

Anonymous said...

I have the same paper and I cannot decide what colors to put with it. Your is perfect. I love the heart punch around your heart. I like the blue light as it enhances the card but it does not show the details as well as the white light. The details are very good and you want those to show. Kelly neis

Glenda said...

Beautiful! Love the easel card, your pretty coloring, and the edge punch! Thank you for joining us at Paper Playtime!
Glenda
http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

Zoe said...

Tracy Tracy Tracy!! YUMMO! I couldn't take my eyes off her dress. Gorgeous!! Love the heart shaped easel card and all the bellies!! hugs xxooo

Kim said...

WOW what an amazing and beautiful card hun! This is so so so stunning! Amazing work! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Norma said...

Tracy, this is gorgeous!!! And so much beautiful details. I love it. I saw that new MS border punch at Michaels and debated with myself whether to get it or not. Sorry I didn't now. Gorgeous colouring. You make me itch to make a heart shape easel card too.
I like the first picture better (the lighter background.)

Hugs,
Norma

Cec said...

Fabulous easel card. Love all the punching. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
Hugs!
Cec

Miranda said...

how many hearts can there be in one card....well quite a lot if I see yours, it's absolutely stunning and gorgeous

thanks for joining the DYSU challenge

hugs
Miranda

cabio's craft corner said...

Pretty and romantic shape easel Tracy and it's a perfect shape too for this love theme card. Gorgeous Tilda coloring as usual :o)
PS. I think I like the lighter backdrop of your lite box.
Hugs,
Cabio

princesskitten said...

That is magic - real work of art

kitten DYSU team

Janna said...

hi tracy! thanks so much for sharing this awesome card with us at DYSU! janna

WencheP said...

Oh my gosh! This is amazing. Love the hearts around the edges! Wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Kim B said...

Absolutely Adorable card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

Denise and Louise said...

Stunning card - thanks for joining us at DYSU.

Oh.... I prefer the light background

Denise

Monique said...

This is such a beautifull card !

Hugs Monique

Cordine said...

Stunning card!
Hugs
Cordine

Dawn said...

Beautiful work, love the colours & you have coloured Tilda so well. Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT

Pauline said...

Love your colours and all those fine dtails! Thanks for playing at DYSU this week,
Pauline DYSU DT

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

THUD....as I pick myself up off the floor!! LOL
This is AMAZING!!! Cannot believe you free-hand cut that....can't wait for the tutorial. Hands down the best shaped easel card I've seen!!! Gorgeous coloring as always!!

I like the lighter background best. I need a light box too. Where did you get yours?

Sharon Caudle said...

Super cute card, Tracy!!! I love heart shaped cards and I really love the way you used the hesrt border around the top half! Those papers are yummy too! I much prefer the light background for the card.
hugs, Sharon

Christina C. said...

Tracy, this card is absolutely sensational!!!! Love, love the colors and that's one of my very favorite Tildas! The little heart border is adorable and Tilda is colored to perfection.

Linda Imler said...

Tracy,

Your heart easel card is wonderful!! You did a beautiful job with coloring and cutting the heart free hand. I'm jealous, that's something I couldn't do.

Linda I

Hanna said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week.
Hugs /Hanna

Sharon Keanly said...

This is stunning. Wow, your work is amazing. hugs Sharon x

Gemma said...

a gorgeous creation! Thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at One Stitch at a Time! Gemma :)

mum of two said...

What a fabulous card! I think it's "love"ly. The easel is beautiful and you do the most amazing coloring. Thanks for playing with us this week at Paper Playtime :)

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

absolutly gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at stamptacular this week! Also I'm giving away A Fabulous candy at my blog! have a peak!

Chocolate Orange said...

Gorgeous !!!
Thanks for sharing with us at OSAAT for our 'New' challenge. Good Luck !

Choccy x

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Amazing card! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Janis said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for playing at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

Scrappy said...

Great job on your simply GORGEOUS card!! Thanks for playing along with PIO this week! We hope you will be back next week!

Annika said...

Tracy, you DO know I absolutely worship your work, don't you?
Well, I do!!
Hugs
Annika

Cheryl said...

Love your heart easel and that strong Tilda is perfectly colored! Great use of the heart punch to frame your card! Thanks for joining in the Copic Creatins challenge!

Sheri said...

Darn you Tracy! I've been resisting that MS punch for so long...and I think that PRECIOUS Card knocked me right over the edge! On top of that..this is one of my all time favorite Tilda's! Great card! Thank you for joining us at MSL! :)

Dena said...

Tracy your card is fantastic! Love the heart easel and the awesome job you did with all the details. You coloring is amazing too!!!
Thanks for joining our "Let's Get Sentimental" challenge at WOC!!!
Hugs, Dena

Mina said...

what a stunner Tracy...beautifully coloured as always...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10