Thursday, August 12, 2010

Another one for tonight!

Two cards in one night!! Yea, me! I stayed in for lunch today and colored some images so all I had to do was come home, find the perfect paper (the only problem with coloring at work is not being able to pick out some paper!) and assemble my cards. Elisabeth Bell is having a DT call. You can see my other card that I turned in for the DT call HERE, two post before this one. You can also read all about my new obsession with Digi stamps and why us "Papercrafters" should be more open to using them!!!

So I decided to make another card this evening. This time I did an Easel card. I love easel cards! They are the perfect card to give. I didn't put a sentiment on it...YET. I just love this image and I am not quite sure what to put on it or whom I may give it to just yet. My mother in law LOVES to read, I see this being her Bday card in a couple of weeks!







This last image, you may be thinking......ok so it's a bunch of flowers. Why was it worthy of a picture!! hehe  I'm going to tell you why.....I didn't have a flower that matched properly. So I took a white rose from Wild Orchid Crafts and some distress inks and colored it. I used tattered rose and I added just as much water to it. Then I used my brush to paint the petals. I like how it turned out and it matches perfectly! ;-) 

"A Tasty Read" is a digital image by artist - Elisabeth Bell. I colored her with Copic markers. The background is done in Prisma color pencils. The papers are from my stash and  CTMH. The flowers are from Wild Orchid. The butterfly punch is MS. I am not sure where the Charm is from or the pearls. I hope you like and wish me luck on the DT call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-))))

Challenges:
Wild Orchid Challenge Blog  - For the Girls

8 comments:

Pam S. said...

Beautiful Tracy! love your card design and lovely coloring!
Pam Going Postal

Denise @ Paper Gems said...

Tracy, WHAT a PLEASURE dropping in and viewing your lovely blog, I've just become a "follower" as I'd love to keep in touch and see MORE!

This pink card is gorgeous, ... hum, it would have been REALLY stiff competition for DT spots for BELL images.

I don't own too many as I think Whiff of Joy and several of these are imports from Europe. I'll have to research 'em a little more as they are JUST lovely!!!

Michelle said...

What a gorgeous card, and beautiful blog, glad to have found it!

Lilian said...

Gorgeous card and coloring Tracy! I also wanted to congratulate you on being a Elisabeth Bell DTM! :) Happy Sunday!

Pati said...

Hi Tracy

Congratulations for being in the EB Digi DT! Thanks to this Call, I have found your blog and I have to say that I totally love what you show. Ohhh, and I am so thankful and honored for being in this wonderful DT with you. :-)

BIG hugs and take care!
Pati

Dena said...

Oh Tracy, this is beyond gorgeous! Wow your coloring just brings her to life! I love it!
Thanks for joining the Wild Orchid Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

Anonymous said...

Tracy, this is an awesome card. You are a great inspiration! --Gail Lass, glass@swlaw.com

A Cards Delight said...

Gorgeous!! I love it and congratulations on the DT!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10